Reddit Co-Founder Says Play-To-Earn Crypto Games Will Be 90% Of Gaming Market In 5 Years
Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian is the latest industry figure to express excitement about the concept of play to earn games. The serial entrepreneur, who has now turned his attention mainly to blockchain and crypto-related projects, is optimistic about the promise of play to earn, predicting that it will dominate the gaming world in just a few short years.
As reported by Business Insider, Ohanian discussed the potential uses of blockchain tech in gaming on a recent episode of the Where It Happens podcast.
"90% of people will not play a game unless they are being properly valued for that time," Ohanian claimed in the podcast. "In five years, you will actually value your time properly, and instead of being harvested for advertisements, or being fleeced for dollars to buy stupid hammers you don't actually own, you will be playing some on-chain equivalent game that will be just as fun, but you'll actually earn value and you will be the harvester."Continue Reading at GameSpot
May be interesting
- 17.01.2022 Motorsport Games And Live Fast Motorsports Announce Increased Partnership For 2022 NASCAR Season
- 17.01.2022 Moon Knight Trailer, Release Date Revealed For New Marvel Disney Plus Series
- 17.01.2022 Joss Whedon Finally Addresses Misconduct Charges Leveled By Gal Gadot, Ray Fisher And 'Buffy' Cast
- 17.01.2022 Twitter Thread Highlights How Complex Game Development Is
- 17.01.2022 David Ramsey's John Diggle Will Headline New Arrowverse TV Show