Brian Cox On Why He Wasn't In Game of Thrones, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Harry Potter
Succession star and McDonald's spokesperson Brian Cox has a new memoir coming out, and it's filled with juicy details on some of the roles the Scottish actor didn't land over his lengthy career, including parts in Game of Thrones, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Harry Potter. An excerpt from the memoir was published by GQ.
Starting with Game of Thrones, Cox said he was supposed to play King Robert Baratheon, a part that ultimately went to Mark Addy. Cox said he passed on Game of Thrones because the money wasn't very good and the part was only for one season--fans will recall that Baratheon is killed in Season 1.
"Game of Thrones went on to be a huge success and everybody involved earned an absolute fortune, of course. But when it was originally offered the money was not all that great, shall we say say," Cox said. "Plus I was going to be killed off fairly early on, so I wouldn't have had any of the benefits of the long-term effects of a successful series where your wages go up with each passing season."Continue Reading at GameSpot
May be interesting
- 14.01.2022 Lots Of New Dune: Spice Wars Info Revealed For The RTS/4X Game
- 14.01.2022 Madden 22 Adds SpongeBob, TMNT, And Rugrats Content Alongside Big Patch
- 14.01.2022 Hugh Jackman's Real Steel Movie Is Becoming A TV Series For Disney+, Report Says
- 14.01.2022 Dog The Bounty Hunter Is Going To Star In His Own Video Game Series
- 14.01.2022 GTA Online Adds New Double Down Multiplayer Mode Featuring Franklin And Lamar