Spider-Man Comic Book Page Sold For Over $3 Million At Auction
Earlier this week, a rare copy of Superman's debut, Action Comics No. 1, sold for $3.18 million at auction. That's an impressive figure, but it absolutely pales in comparison to a single page of Spider-Man art that was sold for a record $3.36 million this week.
The valuable page drawn by Mike Zeck is from Secret Wars #8, and features the first appearance of Spider-Man in his iconic black and white suit. Spider-Man's original costume had been reduced to tatters during the Secret Wars, and was replaced by an alien symbiote that would eventually become one half of Venom, one of Spider-Man's greatest adversaries.
Bidding began at $330,000 and eventually went over the $3 million mark at the Heritage Auctions event in Dallas, with the final cost smashing the previous record $657,250 set in 2014 for the first appearance of Wolverine in Incredible Hulk #180 by artists Herb Trimpe and Jack Abel.Continue Reading at GameSpot
May be interesting
- 14.01.2022 HBO's The Last Of Us Adds Euphoria's Storm Reid As Riley
- 14.01.2022 Torchlight: Infinite Entering Closed Beta For iOS And Android On January 18
- 14.01.2022 New Gran Turismo 7 Trailer Shows Off Daytona Speedway, And It Looks Amazing
- 14.01.2022 Where Is Xur Today? (Jan. 14-18) - Destiny 2 Xur Location And Exotics Guide
- 14.01.2022 How To Heal Injuries In Project Zomboid